Sunday, July 28, 2013

Toddler Eating: How kids should REALLY eat Mac N Cheese


If a kid has always eaten Mac N' Cheese this way, then how would they ever know the difference? That means, when we go out and about and they have the regular ol' plain Mac, then THAT is what's out of the norm - not how we eat it at home.

At home, I add organic: tofu, spinach and broccoli.  This is how my kids eat Mac N Cheese and chow it down. Honestly, I don't care how you like to prep your Mac (whether it be from scratch or from the box), but I think by just simply adding a few extra ingredients, you can make what really isn't the best toddler meal, turn into a much healthier entree. For the veggies, I heat up from frozen chopped spinach and cut up broccoli florets.


Sometimes, when I have time, I'll add organic shredded cheese and bread crumbs on top and pop it in the oven to get it nice and crispy. hmmmmm yummy breaded bake! 


 When I reach for the box, I'm usually reaching for Annie's Homegrown. Original, shells, shapes - my kids eat it all.
I love the Organic Sprouted Tofu from Trader Joes, especially because it comes in a smaller packaging. I usually just dice them into meals for the kids, so the typical larger packaging of Tofu seems like a waste. I just slice them and then put them into a tupperware container with fresh water. Then just dice slices as I need them throughout the week. Just be sure to change the water every 1-2 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment